Ask me things.
I like many things...
Overview of Greatness
- Me: How was school?
- Ayah: Long! It's like a job but I don't get paid, how come?
- Me: Your education is your payment, you'll be happy for it when you graduate with a degree when you're older.
- Ayah: I don't even need a degree for my job.
- Me: What do you plan on doing?
- Ayah: I'm going to be a warrior princess..
- Me: Oh yeah? That's ambitious. Why?
- Ayah: So that I can defend the rights for women Samira Mama says that people are not protecting women how they should be and so girls are being treated bad all over the world!
- Me: That's true, what will you call yourself?
- Ayah: Saifullah!
- Yahya: That's a boy's name!
- Ayah: So?? I will have a sword and I will be fighting for Allah because Allah made women so He loves us and wants us to be treated right. I'm going to go to all the places and I'm going to fight the people that are hurting girls and taking their rights. They'll think that I'm a boy because of my name and then be surprised that they got beat by a girl just like the girls they beat up.
- Me: I think that's a great idea.
- Ayah: Write about it on your blog so girls know that I'm coming to save them.
bourgiebengali-deactivated20130 asked: I was intrigued with a question you answered a few weeks back, about how you believe that Allah (swt) knows what is in our fate (and what is in our best interest) but does not interfere with our actions. I guess, from a superficial perspective, it almost sounds like Deism, with a higher being that doesn't intervene in the world. I guess I often find myself stuck at some place between the type of Islam you mention and a form of Deism and it can be really confusing at times. Does that make sense?
Understanding religion is a very long and confusing road that never ends, each day we find something new out or find ourselves leaning more towards a new mindset - I think that’s the beauty of it all; the fact that so many different beliefs can intersect in our minds and create a new journey for us to embark on. In Deism I believe that they reject the idea of miracles and Prophecies (correct me if I’m wrong) but acknowledge that there is a God who does not intervene with our lives, He created the world and gave humans reason and compassion and leaves it at that. I believe something that falls between the two. I believe in the books, Prophets and miracles that Allah sent to us so that we’d have guides and examples of how to live in this world happily and stay on the straight path so that we will live happily in the next world but He does not force us to live a certain way or follow the straight path which is why he gave us free will and the ability to think for ourselves. I also believe that if you make an effort to draw closer to Him, He will make your path to understanding clearer.
I don’t even know if that makes sense, lol. I’m still figuring my stance on religion out for myself. Inshallah we both gain insight.
Gave my students a pop quiz today and learned something new:
If you make all the answers to the questions C, you will see 35 of the most hilariously panicked and confused faces in the world.
are you satan
you really do not live up to your url